Since the beginning of 2023, bitcoin has set an upward course in price, going from $16,500 to more than $26,000 by the first days of June and, on a monthly scale, the returns of this 2023 have been positive, accumulating 3 of the first 5 months of the year with substantial numbers.
Closing monthly bitcoin yields – Source: Cryptorank
The data that emerges from the Cryptorank portal indicates that bitcoin closed in negative numbers in may. The price was moving between $29,764 as the upper band, and $25,986 as the lower band.
for the month of January, bitcoin returned more than 39%, later in February, it closed with a slight setback, with a negative balance of 0.01%, in March obtained positive returns accumulating more than 26% in that period, and April with a yield of just over 3%.
Then, the month of May closed in negative, with 7.1% less compared to the previous month. Despite this negative closing in the month of May for bitcoin, it is important to note that the cryptoactive has had a performance above 66% year to date.
The banking crisis, inflation and the approval of the Mica regulation in Europe are some of the important aspects to highlight that have influenced the market in the first 5 months of this 2023, so busy for the crypto ecosystem.
Disclaimer: The information and/or opinions expressed in this article do not necessarily represent the views or editorial line of Cointelegraph. The information presented here should not be taken as financial advice or investment recommendation. All investment and commercial movement involve risks and it is the responsibility of each person to do their due research before making an investment decision.
It may interest you:
- Bitcoin ‘Big Move’ Set to Expire in July Following March’s $30,000 Push: Latest Analysis
- Bitcoin price falls to $26,500, but one trader sees the possibility of a “bullish surprise”
- US Lawmakers Aim to Clarify Crypto Regulation with Bill Requiring More from SEC
- The vices of the novice investor: Buying high and selling low
- June 2 Price Analysis: BTC, ETH, BNB, XRP, ADA, DOGE, MATIC, SOL, DOT, LTC
- Do we have to wait for the halving for the price of BTC to rise?
- Bitcoin is holding strong in the band of 26,000 dollars, according to specialist
Investments in crypto assets are not regulated. They may not be suitable for retail investors and the entire amount invested may be lost. The services or products offered are not directed or accessible to investors in Spain.